Laboratory intellectual property
Much of the value of laboratories in today’s healthcare marketplace is driven by intellectual property, including proprietary tests, informatics, and other assets. Laboratories need to rethink how intellectual property can boost their bottom line and how that value should be solidly protected. Your competition is doing it. Are you?
Today’s laboratories create a significant amount of intellectual property. Many laboratories, however, do not strategize on how to protect that intellectual property. McDonald Hopkins is a leader in providing strategic intellectual property counsel and planning services that generate significant value to a wide variety of laboratories. In doing so, McDonald Hopkins helps place these laboratories in a stronger position against their competition, or for a potential major event such as a sale, acquisition or joint venture.
We provide key strategic intellectual property services tailored specifically to laboratories, including:
- Domestic and global patent protection and enforcement
- Branding services
- Trade secret protection
- Social media
- Data privacy and cybersecurity
- Intellectual property protection and general counsel in business transactions
- Insurance and risk management
These challenges force laboratories to rethink how they protect and enforce their intellectual property. Successful laboratories think differently and see these issues as opportunities. They spend significant time analyzing these challenges and look for ways to maximize both revenue and valuation. A new way of thinking is essential.
Laboratories today must have a comprehensive intellectual property strategy that reflects all of the issues that could impact their businesses, both today and tomorrow. By focusing on creating real value through strategic intellectual property procurement, maximization and enforcement efforts, your business can create, maintain, and secure the competitive advantage you need to succeed in the rapidly-changing business environment.
Intellectual property procurement
- Portfolio evaluation and management
- Intellectual property asset valuation
- Competitive intellectual property strategies
- Cost-effective intellectual property solutions
- Securing intellectual property protection
- Global intellectual property strategies
- Intellectual property licensing
- Strategic branding
- Intellectual property due diligence
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Technology transfer
- Global enforcement strategies
- Offensive and defensive litigation
- Administrative enforcement
- Freedom to operate analyses
- Competitive analyses
- Risk management strategies