Directors and officers litigation
Directors and officers – in both nonprofit and for profit industries – serve in complex and challenging roles. You are often overseeing large sums of money, and questions inevitably arise related to misconduct, negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, antitrust and employment issues. These kind of allegations can have a substantial impact – which is why our attorneys focus on developing a practical, thoughtful and cost-effective approach for your defense.
Our directors and officers litigation team frequently works with professional liability insurers to defend you against claims. When disputes arise, we first strive to avoid litigation by facilitating a resolution to the issues. If litigation is unavoidable, we utilize our experience and knowledge to handle your case in the most proficient manner to achieve a good result.
- A publicly traded company in federal securities litigation, resulting in dismissal of the amended complaint
- State anti-trust proceedings, resulting in summary judgment for our clients
- Representation of board and corporate officers in managed care organizations in breach of fiduciary duty claims, breach of contract claims, and anti-trust claims in state and federal courts, resulting in numerous dismissals and favorable settlements
- Middle market, Fortune 500, and not-for-profit organizations in numerous employment cases throughout state and federal courts, resulting in summary dismissals and favorable resolutions
- A third-party administrator in federal ERISA litigation involving alleged negligence and breach of fiduciary duty claims
- A failed Medicaid HMO in a breach of fiduciary duty case, resulting in a favorable settlement