View Page As PDF
Share Button
Tweet Button
General Motors Co. said its North American production will not be disrupted following a U.S. Bankruptcy Court judge’s ruling Wednesday to allow a supplier that filed for bankruptcy last week to immediately end its contract with the Detroit automaker.

A lawyer representing the Detroit automaker in a Worcester, Massachusetts hearing, said the company has found other suppliers to make acoustic insulation material and interior trim parts for vehicles it builds in North America. GM will be allowed to remove its tooling from Clark-Cutler-McDermott plants and will receive inventory it has on hand.

“We have reached a settlement with Clark-Cutler-McDermott and do not anticipate any disruptions to our supply chain or business,” GM said in a statement Wednesday.

Click here to read Steve Gross' quote in the full article from The Detroit News.
COMMENT
+