Christal is a member and a co-chair of the Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Group. Her practice is also focused on representing physician practice groups, medical laboratories, search funds and both strategic buyers and sellers in various types of transactions, including complex mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, leveraged buyouts, distressed acquisitions and dispositions, financings, and investments. Christal also provides general corporate counseling to a variety of middle market businesses, business owners, boards of directors, management teams and investors on matters relating to corporate governance, commercial contracts, compliance and operational issues. Her industry experience covers a wide array of industries such as healthcare, quick-service and full-service franchise restaurants, polymers and manufacturing. Christal has also served in an in-house counsel capacity for a pathology laboratory, a software service provider, a polymer manufacturer and an international manufacturer and distributor of household and commercial products.
Healthcare Representative Matters:
- Represented physician owned medical laboratory in the sale to a private equity fund that will serve as the original platform company for future add-on acquisitions.
- Represented a substance abuse and drug rehabilitation center in its sale of stock to a public healthcare company.
- Represented large regional medical laboratory in sale of assets to a publicly-traded laboratory company.
- Represented healthcare technology company in debt/equity financing transaction.
- Represented medical device manufacturer in partial sale/strategic alliance transaction.
- Represented dental practice in sale of assets to a strategic purchaser.
- Represented individual radiologists in the sale of a multi-national radiology practice to a private-equity backed platform company.
- Represented numerous pathologist-owned medical laboratories involved in merger, acquisition and joint venture activities.
- Represented clients in the formation and operation of joint ventures in the healthcare industry.
Middle Market Representative Matters:
- Represented multi-national inks and coatings manufacturer in the acquisition of substantially all of the assets of a large U.S. based inks and coatings manufacturer for $100 million.
- Represented Quaker Steak and Lube, owner, operator and franchisor of over 65 casual dining restaurants, in the sale of substantially all of its assets to a strategic public company buyer pursuant to a §363 sale out of bankruptcy.
- Represented large manufacturer in the sale of certain assets to a private equity backed company as part of an add-on acquisition.
- Represented large manufacturer in the sale of certain assets to current management.
- Represented large manufacturer in the sale of certain assets to a publicly traded multinational company.
- Represented selling company in sale of assets to private equity fund as part of a roll-up of companies.
- Represented franchisee in the disposition of multiple restaurants in four states.
- Represented buyers and sellers in asset sales, stock sales, and mergers.
- Represented buyers and sellers in §363 and Article 9 transactions.
Admissions - State
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- Ashland University
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Public Service and Volunteerism
- Dobama Theatre (Board of Directors)
- "Don't let due diligence deflect from the deal of a lifetime," Crain's Cleveland Business, January 19, 2018
- "Materiality scrape' can be more than a minor cut," Crain's Cleveland Business, January 14, 2017
- "Considering a Sale of Your Business? Be Familiar with the Concept of an Earnout," RBMA Monthly Legal Update Digest August 2011
- AHLA Healthcare Transactions | Thursday, May 10, 2018
- Executive War College 2018 Conference on Laboratory & Pathology Management | Tuesday, May 1, 2018
- The founder's exit strategy: From beginning to end | Thursday, February 22, 2018