Jason is an associate in the firm’s Business Department. His practice is focused on representing public and private companies and private equity funds in various types of transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions and distressed acquisitions. He also provides general corporate counseling to a variety of businesses on matters relating to commercial agreements, corporate governance and operational issues.
Jason earned a J.D. from Western Michigan University in 2011. He received a B.S.B.A from Bowling Green State University in 2007.
Middle Market Representative Matters:
- Represented a large manufacturer of agricultural baler twines and netwrap in the sale of certain assets to a strategic multinational company.
- Represented a drug safety and metabolism, bioanalytical services and agrochemicals company in the sale of its units to a multinational CRO and clinical trials management company.
- Represented a Professional Employer Organization in the sale of its stock to a strategic national PEO company.
- Represented Ricerca Biosciences, LLC in the sale of its chemical development division to a multinational pharmaceutical and biotech company.
- Represented large manufacturer in the sale of certain assets to a private equity backed company as part of an add-on acquisition.
- Represented large manufacturer in the sale of certain assets to current management.
- Represented large manufacturer in the sale of certain assets to a strategic multinational company.
- Represented company in the acquisition of substantially all of the assets of a retail wine shop and drive-thru business.
- Represented Quaker Steak and Lube, owner, operator and franchisor of over 65 casual dining restaurants, in the sale of substantially all of its assets to a strategic public company buyer pursuant to a §363 sale out of bankruptcy.
- Represented selling company in sale of assets to private equity fund as part of a roll-up of companies.
- Represented multi-national inks and coatings manufacturer in the acquisition of substantially all of the assets of a large U.S. based inks and coatings manufacturer for $100 million.
- Represented buyer in the acquisitions of premium security and life safety systems assets.
Healthcare Representative Matters:
- Represented a radiology company in the sale of its practice to a private equity backed company.
- Represented numerous dermatologists in the sale of their practices to private equity backed firms.
- Represented a substance abuse and drug rehabilitation center in its sale of stock to a public healthcare company.
- Represented hospital-based pathology practice in the acquisition of substantially all of the assets of another pathology practice.
- Represented large pathology practice in the sale of substantially all of its assets to a publicly-traded laboratory company.
Admissions - State
- Bowling Green State University
- Western Michigan University
Honors and Awards
- Recipient of the Cross Border Deal of the Year Award ($25MM - $50MM) by The M&A Advisor for the sale of Ricerca Biosciences Chemical Development Division to Olon S.p.A.
- Ohio State Bar Association
Public Service and Volunteerism
- Secretary, Astor Place Homeowners Association (2013-present)
- Young Alumni Board Member, Bowling Green State University College of Business (2013-present)
- Alumni Board Member, Sigma Phi Epsilon (2012-present)