As a Member in the Business Department and chair of the firm's Commercial Finance Practice Group, Jason focuses his practice on real estate transactions and commercial finance and lending. Jason has commercial finance experience assisting in the representation of lenders and borrowers in a variety of transactions including: real estate acquisition, development and construction loan transactions; asset-based finance transactions; and structured and mezzanine finance transactions. In addition, Jason’s real estate practice is wide ranging in scope and includes the financing, acquisition, development, construction, leasing and disposition of retail, commercial, industrial, and office properties. Jason is also a member of the Firm's Real Estate Tax Practice Group, representing real property owners in valuation and exemption matters, including representing clients before County Boards of Revision and the Ohio Board of Tax Appeals. Jason also represents entrepreneurs and companies in a wide variety of general corporate matters, including commercial contract negotiation, corporate governance, structuring business organizations and business succession planning. Prior to joining the firm, Jason worked in the securities industry as a portfolio analyst for a large investment firm.
Jason earned his J.D., summa cum laude, from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 2005. He received a B.S.B.A. from John Carroll University in 2000.
Admissions - State
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- John Carroll University
Honors and Awards
- Best Law School Newspaper Humorous Article, American Bar Association (2005)
- Best Law School Newspaper Editor-in-Chief, American Bar Association (2004)
- Student Leadership Award, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law (2003-2004)
- Commercial Finance Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- “Legal and Other Issues for New Physicians Joining a Practice: Preparing for the Business Aspects of Practicing Medicine,” The Academy of Medicine of Cleveland, October 2005.