Jo Ann is a highly regarded workers’ compensation attorney. During her legal career, she has been successful with workers’ compensation claims and litigation management for public sector and corporate clients, including representing the Ohio Turnpike Commission, General Motors, Alcoa, and many others. Jo Ann is the co-author of the 1,200-page Ohio Workers’ Compensation Law Practice Guide that is frequently cited by appellate courts and used extensively by workers’ compensation practitioners. She also serves as an adjunct professor at Cuyahoga Community College.
Jo Ann earned her J.D. from The Ohio State University College of Law in 1979. She received a B.A. from Ohio University in 1975.
- Represented corporate defendants in Clementi v. Wean United, 39 Ohio St.3d 342 and Village v. General Motors, 15 Ohio St. 3d 129
- Certified Specialist by Workers’ Compensation Law Specialty Board of Ohio State Bar Association (1999-2013)
Admissions - Court
- Northern District Court of Ohio
- U.S. District Court
Admissions - State
- The Ohio State University College of Law
- Ohio University
Honors and Awards
- “Leading Lawyer” in workers’ compensation in Cleveland, Inside Business/Cleveland Magazine, (2001-2010)
- Selected for inclusion in Ohio Super Lawyers (2003-2004) in workers’ compensation, Cincinnati Magazine
- Published author, 1200-page Ohio Workers’ Compensation Law Practice Guide, (Thompson Reuters, 1996-2010)