Maria is an associate in the Business Restructuring Services Department, one of the largest and most sophisticated bankruptcy and restructuring practices focused on the middle-market. Before joining McDonald Hopkins, Carr gained experience at a Cleveland litigation firm.
She was the recipient of the Midwest Regional Bankruptcy Seminar Distinguished Bankruptcy Law Student Award and the CMBA Sicherman Excellence in Bankruptcy Award in 2014.
Maria earned her J.D., cum laude, from Case Western Reserve University School of Law in 2014. She received a Bachelor of Music degree, summa cum laude, in 2011 from Vanderbilt University.
Admissions - Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
Admissions - State
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law
- Vanderbilt University
Honors and Awards
- Midwest Regional Bankruptcy Seminar Distinguished Bankruptcy Law Student Award
- CMBA Sicherman Excellence in Bankruptcy Award
- CALI Award, Case Western Civil Litigation Clinic
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association - Women in Law Section
- Turnaround Management Association - NextGen Advisory Board
- International Women Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC) – Northeast Ohio Steering Board
Public Service and Volunteerism
- Vanderbilt Alumni VUCorps Volunteer Admission Interviewer
- Ohio Women’s Bar Association Law Student Mentoring Program
"Insured vs. insured" exception not going away anytime soon
Can you take back your franchise contract?
Are negotiations before a franchise agreement was finalized admissible?
What makes a liquidated damages provision reasonable?
Franchisor not intended beneficiary for mandatory mediation in franchisee equity dispute
Wendy’s 3-year battle with franchisee resolved through sale of 140 restaurants
SunEdison: A dark fight ahead?
- "Sixth Circuit Rules that the “Insured Versus Insured” Exception Applies to Liquidating Trustees," TMA Turnaround Times - Ohio (September/October 2017)
- "Uncover the Mysteries of 13-Week Cash Flow Models," Moderator, June 29, 2017