Mary is chair of McDonald Hopkins’ Appellate Practice Group and handles numerous appeals in both state and federal court. She also practices in the area of commercial litigation and dispute resolution encompassing a broad array of topics, including breaches of contract, mortgage foreclosures, construction litigation, business torts, trust disputes, shareholder disputes, and insurance coverage disputes. She represents several homeowners and cooperative associations, both generally and in litigation. Mary also has expertise in construction-related matters, including construction lien actions. Included in her experience are over two years representing the entity responsible for the completion of the Diplomat Hotel and Convention Center located in Hollywood, Florida. Prior to practicing law, Mary owned and operated her own court reporting business in West Palm Beach for 10 years.
Mary has served on one of the Florida Bar Grievance Committees and is committed to advancing ethics and professionalism in the practice of law.
Mary earned a J.D., with honors, from the University of Florida College of law in 1993. She received a B.A., with honors, from Florida Atlantic University in 1990.
Admissions - Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, Washington D.C.
Admissions - State
- University of Florida College of Law
- Florida Atlantic University