Michael is a member in the Tax and Benefits Department of our Detroit office. He concentrates his practice in representing business clients, including corporations, LLCs, and partnerships in matters involving tax planning, acquisitions and dispositions, and general corporate law. Michael has more than 20 years of law firm experience, most recently as a partner at Bodman PLC in Detroit.
Michael has spoken to various professional groups and contributed to the Institute of Continuing Legal Education on topics involving tax planning and corporate law. He speaks fluent Macedonian.
A 2018 and 2019 selection to DBusiness Magazine’s “Top Lawyers” list in Tax Law, Michael previously served as chair of the Taxation Section of the State Bar of Michigan from 2015 to 2016 and two terms as chair of the Oakland County Bar Association Tax Committee from 2008 to 2009 and 2009 to 2010.
Michael earned an LL.M. in taxation from Georgetown University Law Center in 2000 and his J.D. from University of Detroit Mercy School of Law in 1997. He received a B.A. in accounting in 1993 from Michigan State University.
Admissions - State
- Georgetown University Law Center
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law
- Michigan State University — Eli Broad College of Business
Honors and Awards
- DBusiness magazine “Top Lawyers,” 2018 and 2019
- Michigan Super Lawyers “Rising Star,” 2010
- State Bar of Michigan
- Out with the old, in with the new: Do your estate and business plans need an update? | Thursday, January 17, 2019