Tyler currently focuses his practice on all aspects of litigation. He is admitted to practice before courts in Ohio and Michigan. Tyler has tried a variety of claims, including matters seeking injunctive relief. Tyler also has experience in adversary proceedings in bankruptcy court, including obtaining a multi-million dollar judgment in a preference action against a large package shipping company. Another primary focus of Tyler's practice is professional liability defense. He has defended lawyers at law firms against claims brought against them. Tyler has significant experience in healthcare litigation and also represents the firm's clients against claims involving the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act and the Fair Credit Reporting Act. His employment litigation experience includes representing employers before state and federal courts and administrative agencies in Ohio and throughout the region in wrongful termination, retaliation and discrimination matters.
Tyler has extensive experience in appellate proceedings in both state and federal courts, and served as a judicial clerk to the Ohio Court of Appeals following his graduation from law school.
Tyler earned a J.D., magna cum laude, from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 1994. He received a B.A., magna cum laude, from Albion College in 1991.
Admissions - Court
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
Admissions - State
- Albion College
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
Honors and Awards
- Named "Ohio Rising Star" by Law & Politics magazine (2005, 2006, 2007)
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- John M. Manos Inn of Court