The energy industry is a unique space, encompassing public utilities companies, renewable energy businesses, energy developers, oil and gas producers, industrial companies and suppliers, and many more. As part of this evolving industry, you need specialized, interdisciplinary teams to successfully structure and efficiently manage projects. Our energy attorneys have experience serving a broad range of businesses in the energy industry – giving them a unique perspective on the legal issues you face. From production, generation and transmission, to distribution and sales, our energy attorneys can help you no matter where you sit on the energy value chain. Our team also counsels major industrial users of energy in areas of energy procurement. We do this for both natural gas and electric and have had great success reducing energy costs for our commercials clients. From years of experience, we have developed skills and expertise in:
- Oil & gas production
- Midstream and interstate transmission pipelines
- Power generation, transmission and distribution
- Competitive market issues
With a multi-disciplinary approach to counseling our clients, we offer a wide range of services, listed below.
Our video podcast series features insightful conversations between McDonald Hopkins energy attorneys and a wide variety of energy industry professionals.
- Assisting owners and developers with the development of water resources
- Multiple renewable energy projects
- Pre-development counseling for combined heat and power and COGEN projects
- Assisting owners with the structuring of financing arrangements for energy projects, including public finance
- Counseling development owners concerning EPC development agreements, contracts, easements, eminent domain, land use, and lease issues
- Represented a consortium of coal companies in securing a federal appropriation
- Represented a start-up company in regards to its FERC and Army Corp permits for river installations
- Serve as general counsel for an energy development company