Dean DePiero has served as Of Counsel for McDonald Hopkins since 2005. He has a depth of experience working in state and local government as a lawyer and an elected official. Dean is currently the Law Director for the City of Aurora and Assistant Law Director/Prosecutor for Broadview Heights, Ohio. He has also served as the elected Mayor of Parma, Ohio’s seventh largest city and as an Ohio State Representative.
Dean’s considerable leadership experience as an elected official on both the state and local level enables him to provide useful insights and guidance to our government affairs and general business clients. He has nearly two decades of experience in private legal practice. Dean is known for his excellent communications skills and inspirational leadership that he used in building community relationships and partnerships based on trust in team settings. He has built a reputation for methodical and precise strategic planning while practicing law.
Dean earned a J.D. from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 1994. He received a B.A. form Ashland University in 1990.
Admissions - Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
Admissions - State
- Ashland University
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
Public Service and Volunteerism
- Holy Name High School Advisory Board
- West Creek Preservation Committee - Advisory Committee Member
- Northern Ohio Regional Sewer District Trustee (2007-2012)
- Ohio Municipal League (Former President and Board Member)
- Northeast Ohio Area Coordinating Agency (Former Board Member)
- Cuyahoga County Planning Commission (Former Member)
- Parma Community Hospital Foundation (Current Board of Trustee Member)
- Receiverships in Ohio: Beyond the nuts and bolts | Wednesday, April 9, 2014